Delaware County EMS is one of the largest emergency medical service agencies in Central Ohio, with some the area’s most dedicated emergency service professionals. We are Delaware County’s front line of coverage in a medical emergency!
The Delaware County EMS Division is currently accepting applications for Paramedics. Candidates will be required to participate in a skills and abilities test as part of the application process, as outlined below.
Enjoy a rewarding career with:
- Progressive medical protocols
- In-house continuing education
- Competitive wage & benefits packages
- Participation in the State of Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
- Teaching opportunities for certified and qualified instructors
- Opportunities to participate on special teams, such as the Delaware Tactical Unit (DTU)
Necessary qualifications include:
- Possess a valid State of Ohio Paramedic Certification (at the time of APPLICATION)
- Possess a valid BLS and ACLS Certification. Certification in Hazmat Operations is preferred
- Possess a current and valid State of Ohio driver’s license
- Previous experience as a Paramedic is preferred
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing and administering emergency medical care to patients based on standing medical orders and departmental standard operating guidelines
- Supporting countywide emergency medical service operations by working cooperatively with local agencies, and performing public relations activities
- Completing detailed run reports and daily documentation, and
- Maintaining the condition of EMS stations, vehicles, and equipment
Qualified candidates may obtain an application here.