Delaware County EMS Citizens Academy
Be Part of EMS. Be Part of the Community
The Delaware County EMS Citizens Academy of Delaware County, Ohio, is designed to build community relationships through education, hands-on learning, mock events, and shadowing opportunities. This 10-week course gives the public a behind-the-scenes look at 9-1-1 EMS.
- The course is offered once per year by application.
- 10-week duration (once per week.)
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Opportunity to become certified in CPR and Stop-the-Bleed.
- Spend one day learning from The Delaware County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management on how to save lives, prevent injuries, and protect property and the environment from “All Hazards.”
- Join the alumni group after you complete the course for ongoing involvement and monthly meetings.
By becoming part of the EMS community, students and alumni can assist and support DCEMS in a variety of ways:
- Special events like The Delaware County Fair
- Directly connect with first responders by adopting a DCEMS station for all duty days.
- Alumni meetings
For more information, please contact Delaware County EMS Community Outreach.
High School Responders Club
The Future of EMS
The Delaware County High School Responders Club is a community opportunity for students to learn more about potential careers in public safety. Students gather once a month for 30-minutes prior to school to discuss careers, school safety, and emergency medical responses. For more information, or to get involved, please contact Delaware County EMS Community Outreach.
- Monthly meetings with EMS professionals prior to school
- Typically, about 10-15 students
- Looks great on a college or job application
- Creates opportunities to advance in medical fields
- CPR training field trip
The Power is in Your Hands
Did you know that you can help save a life in two, simple steps?
- If you see a teen or adult suddenly collapse, Call 9-1-1.
- Push hard and push fast in the center of the chest.
It only takes a few minutes to learn. Watch a brief video on Hands-Only CPR.
For more information, or to get involved, please contact Delaware County EMS Community Outreach.
Stop-the-Bleed (STB) Save a Life
Delaware County EMS providers are trained to stabilize patients who may have traumatic bleeding. In the minutes prior to our arrival, critical blood loss may occur unless bystanders take immediate action. The purpose of the STOP THE BLEED® campaign is to make our nation more resilient by better preparing the public to save lives if people nearby are severely bleeding. This preparation is being done by raising awareness and teaching people how to learn three quick actions to control serious bleeding. Learn more about Stop-the-Bleed.